Circle Lenses: EOS Blythe Eye Master Review!

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review of the EOS Blythe Eye / Max Adult in Blue, Red, Pink, and Brown.


Semi sponsored review post! I received the pink and brown from the beautiful lady at Eye Candy Shop I purchased the Red and Blue colors during another time. Hope I can review all colors some day and complete this!

This is a cross post from my tumblr blog. Click here for: Review 1Review 2


Brand: EOS (P-Con)
Series: Blythe Eye aka Max Adult
Size: 14.8mm
Color: Pink, Brown, Blue, Red
Pigmentation: 5/5
Design 5/5
Enlargement: 4/5
Comfort: 5/5
Shopping Experience: 5/5 


Blythe Eye Pink (Left) Blythe Eye Blue (Right)

I fell in love with this lens series when I first bought the Blue ones from the same shop for my Armin cosplay. This pink pair is something I can use for Hiyori or Madoka. It shows up well in phone camera shots too! Loving these pink ones just as equally <3 

Blythe Eye Bown (Left) Blythe Eye Red (Right)

The Brown lenses I'm using for Mako might be suitable for other characters too or everyday wear! I've gone through a lot of Red lenses but by far this is my favorite! I made a red lens comparison on my tumblr too.


Packaging


The package was sent via local courier and came wrapped in generous amounts of bubble wrap. It came with a free lens case too. I kind of wish it came in the blister pack instead of the vials though! I don't have a picture of the blister packs unfortunately. Will try to get one if I purchase next time since they're a lot easier to open than the vials.

They don't look like they'll be very colorful in the case but don't worry!
Design

This is probably the most versatile Circle Lens. By that I mean I am comfortable using them for both male and female characters or everyday wear. It’s a very simple design that isn’t too distracting. If you notice the design has a thinner limbal ring than other circle lenses so you get more color. The other designs with thicker limbal rings look cute but the color isn’t obvious from afar. From afar black stands out more so the thicker the black ring the more it gives the impression of dark eyes!

These are really vibrant and colorful!
Pigmentation & Color

Blue:
Blue is probably one of the hardest lenses to show up on dark brown asian eyes. A lot of Blue lenses often come of as a darker blue. These have a kinda unique brilliance to them! One of my favorite blue lenses to date. I used these the most for everyday wear or events. I think if your eyes are smaller than mine the halo effect will be more obvious and it will come out lighter blue! If your eyes are bigger they might end up more of a  royal blue color.

Brown:
I was really excited to have a chance to review this particular color of the Blythe Eye series!!! I always see photos of how these lenses were Yellow Brown in color. They do certainly come out that way in my photos.  I think the Yellow Brown effect heavily depends on the lighting. When illuminated well you can notice how bright and saturated they are. I wouldn’t say they were a golden color though. It comes off closer to hazel.

Pink:
This is another color that has a hard time appearing on dark eyes. They appear like a cool pink than a warm pink. They're bright but I think the don't work well for me if I want to use it for every day fashion. But for cosplay these are  perfect!

Red:
Red blends in the best with dark brown asian eyes. I think out of all the lenses this one looks the most enlarging because it blend into your pupils. I think these come off as a brilliant scarlet under direct light. In person I think it tones down into a darker wine red.

Comparison: EOS Adult Brown 14mm (Left) EOS MAx Adult Brown (Right)
Enlargement
I wore the smaller EOS Adult lenses for my China cosplay a couple of years back. You can see that  they have a large size difference. They're both the same level of pigmentation and same design. The difference is just the size.


Summary
These lenses are just as I expected them to be! I really love this series because the color range is perfect for most cosplay characters and the design is simple and more natural looking. You can also use these for everyday wear. Pigmented, super comfortable, and come in a wide range of colors. A real go to series for lens lovers~!

If you liked this lens review, do visit by Eye Candy Shop’s Page! They ship locally and internationally. <3

xoxo Kat

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Disclaimer

KiraKiraKat is a blog written by Kat Langomez. All material on this site is written with the aim to provide readers with my honest personal opinions and to chronicle the events in my life. I only write my honest opinions on any products and services features in my blog.

All images in this blog are produced by me unless stated otherwise. As such you are not allowed to reproduce or use these images in any way shape or form without my permission.

Produced by

Go to Kawaii.PH!