Get This Look + Product Review: Natural Flirty Lashes

Sunday, December 18, 2016


In cosplay, you usually use falsies to widen and emphasize your eyes. But choosing the right kind of falsies  In this post, I'm going to use and review three top ranking JP products  to incorporate falsies in a natural everyday look.


Left - Right: Miche Blooming Falsies, Canmake Wide Fit Curler, D.U.P. Eyelash Fixer EX

I received these items from the lovely Tomoko-san of PrettyFab when I met with her last year. Sounds kinda dated but these products rank top for a reason. She explained that these were best sellers in the Cosme Ranking for 2015 and they still are some of the top picks on the list. I was quite excited and I tested these out pretty thoroughly.



Miche Bloomin is quite a popular eyelash brand in Japan. In 2015 it ranked #1 in Cosme.net, Japan's most popular and influential ranking for cosmetics. so that's a big deal! They retail for 1000 yen and you get 4 pairs. The back of the packaging is standard including information and a model photo. 

These are the Girly No.08 Sweet lashes.  Looks quite natural on the model!


The packaging paper inside doubles as an instruction guide on how to apply the lashes. I'm showing you a closer and clearer look on the lashes. They're quite fine on a clear band. This makes them blend seamlessly with the lashline. The design is quite short compared to usual Falsies people might be used to for cosplay. This makes it easier to fit on Asian eyes without having to cut it up. Dolly Wink in comparison has very long strands for that wow bigger eye effect. But it might be too exaggerated when used without circle lenses for an everyday natural look.


A photo posted by miwitch (@miwitch) on



Rating:  5/5

Reasons to like:
Natural looking falsies
Soft material
Clear lash band


Reasons not to like:
You want lashes for a more exaggerated look
Not available locally 




D.U.P. Eyelashes Fixer EX is another top rated Cosme item. Commended by a lot of Asian beauty bloggers as a HG item due to it's product effectiveness and cheap price point. There's two types, black and clear. I don't know what people use the black ones for honestly. Clear color is way more versatile. 




It comes in a tube with a fine brush for easier application. It's a runny white fluid then when it starts to get tacky it kinda has this blue color. That's really helpful since with some lash glues you kinda feel out when to use them. I used to love the DUO lash glue but that was expensive and honestly kinda hard to apply as a tube. Not to mention Duo is goopier so the excess product left on the lash after you remove it is a lot more to clean off.




I did a really thin line here instead of a usual fat cat eye. If your double lids aren't huge this is pretty important so you don't look like a panda and still show off your eyeshadow color. The lashes also look very pretty as compared to my sparse barely there real lashes. 

The glue blends seamlessly with the lashes onto my eye makeup. It's pretty strong and stayed on all day too. But it was pretty easy to remove with makeup remover. I believe you can find this product in the Cool Japan store for a pretty ok price. Feel free to update me or cry with me if they don't carry it.

Rating:
4.5/5

Reasons to like:
Dries clear
Strong formulation
Easy to tell when tacky
Relatively affordable
Application brush

Reasons to dislike:
You don't like liquidy eyelash glue
You want cuter packaging

 

The Canmake Eyelash Curler is like a cheaper alternative to Shu Uemura's, so I was told. It's a really cute pink metallic curler that claims to effectively curl your lashes and not snag on your lids. 

The packaging is really cute as with all of Canmake's products, LOTS OF PINK. It's quite lovely that you can see the product through the little packaging window and it even has reflective material so you get this pretty mirrored effect. It's a drugstore product so normally in Japan you wouldn't be able to open these before purchasing. I like packaging that's well thought of.

You get a refills for the rubber bit
The actual lash curler is a lovely metallic pink. Feels quite light in the hand and the head doesn't feel heavy. As you can see from the rubber refill the shape is really curved. I find most curlers to be quite straight. Ideally this one curves around the eyes better to get even the most stubborn short straight lashes. 

You get a refill for the rubber bit. Unfortunately once that wears out, you can't buy individual refills from the local Canmake! I think that's one of the biggest draw backs for me about this product.




The rubber in the curler actually feels pretty cushiony and squishy compared to some other brands I've tried. I guess this is supposed to aid with longer lasting curls? I have really stubborn short lashes seems to work just fine. My friend who used to borrow it liked it a lot. Honestly I had a hard time getting the lashes in the inner corners with this. But hey it didn't snag the skin on my lids.


Does this look like it hurts?
Rating:
4/5

Reasons to like:
Cute packaging
Relatively inexpensive
Lightweight


Reasons to dislike:
You can't get rubber refills locally
You have really stubborn short straight lashes


Extra Simple Look



Shimmery pink eyeshadow base, light gold highlight, subtle taupey brown contour. You can tightline or use really thin eyeliner just to give more base volume to your lashes. Mascara is optional if you want your lashes to blend seamlessly. This is what I'd usually wear out to more casual events or a special work day.

I'd like to thank the lovely Tomoko san of PrettyFab for these items. She aims to on day build an reliable honest cosmetic review site by everyday women for everyday women.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Disclaimer

KiraKiraKat is a blog written by Kat Langomez. All material on this site is written with the aim to provide readers with my honest personal opinions and to chronicle the events in my life. I only write my honest opinions on any products and services features in my blog.

All images in this blog are produced by me unless stated otherwise. As such you are not allowed to reproduce or use these images in any way shape or form without my permission.

Produced by

Go to Kawaii.PH!