Lost Bread: Found Kawaii

Tuesday, January 16, 2018




This is probably my chart-topper on the 'Aesthetically Pleasing Cafe' list. I happened upon Lost Bread at Megamall after I hosted an event for Animax.  I was immediately drawn by the bright pop of color amidst the white bright lights of the mall's Fashion hall. I love coffee and pretty cafe's since I'm the cliche artsy fartsy person. And I'm glad I found the best place to recharge after a long weary day at work!


# A E S T H E T I C













I can't stress enough how much I feel like this place called out to my soul during that moment. If you can't tell by my blog's design, I absolutely adore pink and teal. I literally look like I'm supposed to live here. It must be what those character's in that Juni Ito manga felt like about 'finding their hole'.

Kawaii AF Y/Y?

The interiors are well thought and super IG worthy. Lots of interesting accent pieces and furniture in the cafe. The alignment of the interiors also makes for interesting and fun compositions for the avid photographer/blogger. The pops of color really enhance the ambiance making for the maximum kawaii chill spot with friend or a great casual first date!



What's in a Name? 



 

I enjoyed the flavor text they put about the brand in the Menu. "Pain Perdu" is the direct translation of The Lost Bread which is also known as French Toast. This is the main specialty of the cafe apart from crafty milkshakes. Though I don't think my Highschool French teacher would've appreciated such a direct pun. At least not when I had to directly translate from a dictionary. "WHY IS THE BREAD LOST?" and should you find it lost I hope the menu somehow helps you "Find Da Wae" is what I would say.

The Taste of Lost Bread





Should you happen to find the mythical lost bread you will be in awe. I ordered the French Toast set with a coffee of choice for P220 at the time I visited. I'll tell you now that I don't regret losing that money to find that bread. When you order you get to choose between different flavors of French Toast which will coat the yummy thin crunchy exterior. The inside oozes with a great chewyness when you bite into the toast. Similar to a lava cake but not runny. It's not heavily oily and quite light and fluffy so I could eat a lot and not be "umay" or feel tired of the taste.

As for the coffee, the brew was a great partner to my order and had a great kick. Not too bitter and felt like it was brewed with care. I ordered a flat white and I could find it comparable to my favorite Toby's Estate, which is a big deal. I don't know who sources their coffee but I should have asked.




I just couldn't resist the presentation and packaging when I saw it on the menu so I had to try it out. Apart from the generous amounts of teal, I also like the epic 'science sauce syringes' they provide for you to drizzle on your toast. The table was a bit wobbly so I spilled my coffee a bit from excitement but this cafe sure makes food to be fun! A+ taste and style!


The Menu: Food Finds





I also enjoyed flipping through their menu. I highly appreciated the fun and fresh graphic design and branding they went with. Very bold and youthful. they have a variety of fancy decorated "overshakes" that look like milkshakes and parfaits had babies. There's a wide selection of flavors even including R18 or Alcohol based Milkshakes for the trendy Titas of Manila.The ice cream that they use in the milkshakes is up for order as sundaes as well.



The cafe doesn't have a lot of food varieties but they do offer some unique savory meal choices in contrast to their desserts. They had paster, burgers, and rice bowls. I think one of the other menu items I definitely wanted to try out was truffle sisig. Like excuse muh-shrooms in my sisig. I'll order something savory next time when I come back.


Aesthetics + Design

(I'll let the pictures do the talking)












It looks like Carmen San Diego's younger sister found the Lost Bread

Overall my experience at this cafe was great. They had very personable and nice staff. The look and feel of the cafe was excellent. Even the food was great fun to explore and discover. It feels like one of those places that would be fun to hang out at with friends or if I wanted to take some time to myself and draw or do my bullet journal. You can check out Lost Bread in Megamall's Fashion Hall or Maginhawa in QC.  What do you think of Lost Bread's setup? Do you think the food is gimmicky? Do tell me your thoughts and what food you'd recommend for me to try next time!


Thanks for reading

XOXO NyanKat


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Visitors

Flag Counter

Disclaimer

KiraKiraKat is a blog written by Kat Langomez. All material on this site is written with the aim to provide readers with my honest personal opinions and to chronicle the events in my life. I only write my honest opinions on any products and services features in my blog.

All images in this blog are produced by me unless stated otherwise. As such you are not allowed to reproduce or use these images in any way shape or form without my permission.

Produced by

Go to Kawaii.PH!