Dolly Wink: Black Liquid Eye Liner + White Pencil Eyecolor

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

image
Review of popular Gyaru Cosmetics Brand, Dolly Wink! Feat Black Brush Liner + White Eye Pencil
I was happy last year when I heard  cosmetic cult classic Dolly Wink was in the Philippines. Dolly Wink is a brand currently endorsed by ever popular and kawaii gyaru model Tsubasa Masuwaka. They're well known for their false lashes that come in various designs. The black liquid liner is also a fan favorite by bloggers and Japanese beauty magazines.

image
I purchased these during Toycon 2014. They were having a sale!  You can check out Dolly Wink PH on facebook for more info on their branches and promos. All of their stuff looks so cute and I adore the model to bits. It took a while for me to release the review and I apologize for that but I'm sure they haven't changed much in terms of product formula so I hope this is still helpful!



Packaging





image

I know that Dolly Wink has already changed their packaging probably to help buyers distinguish their products from rampant fakes of their brand. I will miss their old packaging because it appeals to me a lot! I love the little flowers that remind me of Art Noveau. They really stand out in my makeup kit.

image
I believe these are the serial numbers to distinguish your products from the fakes.


Black Liquid Liner

image

Black Liquid Liners have been something of a never ending journey of mine. I'm trying to always find the perfect waterproof liquid liner for cosplay and events. I've gone through several brands like Majolica Majorca, In2It, Maybeline, Etude House, K-Palette, etc. and I don't quite feel like I've found that one HG Liquid Liner. Why Liquid Liner? It's fast to pop on and off and I get best control. I have a time and place for gel and pencil liners, usually around the waterline, but usually i'd have to always sharpen or clean the brushes before I can use them again. 

Dolly Wink is pretty good in terms of how fast it dries and how long it stays on.The pigmentation is also very good. It's black with just one stroke. Some other liquid liners usually need more build up to get a bold pigment. It's not so dark in shade as I've seen liquid liners with even starker black colors but that's not a bad thing since it seems a bit more natural. I've been using it a lot lately for conventions. But I feel like it's best used when your eyes are primed for maximum effect. If you have very very oily lids they might slide off. On the plus side they're also fairly easy to remove with my Bifesta Makeup Remover. 

I also like the fine and slender tip brush. It makes it easy to draw tapered lines. I have a lot of control with this design when I want to draw thin or thick eyeliner. The brush hasn't flayed yet even after months of use. Sometimes with other products the brush gets messy because of the cap. The product also glides on smoothly and doesn't clump on the brush even after several uses. 


image

Dolly Wink Black Liquid Liner:
Pigmentation: 4.5/5
Staying Power: 4/5
Ease of Use: 5/5
Brush Design: 5/5
Packaging: 5/5

All in all this is a good eyeliner even for people who aren't so makeup savvy. 



White Pencil Liner

image

I really loved this cap design so much. It's so elegant but minimal and the embossed flowers are to die for. It kind of reminds me slightly of Paul and Joe's packaging designs. Anyway shimmery highlight pencil liners are a go to for any cosplay or kawaii makeup kit. You can easily use this not only to bring life to your eyes but also define and highlight other parts of the face precisely. A lot of people I see like using just flat white matter pencil liners and there's a time and place for that too. I just personally prefer a more subtle shimmer for a natural look. I'm quite happy with this blend!

image

As you can see this isn't a chalk white color liner. It's more of an iridescent gold shimmer. It's great for natural looking highlights along the waterline or on the inner corners of your eye. The glitter isn't big irritating flecks and more of a slight metallic shimmer. One down side is it's not very waterproof.

The product is easy to apply and quite soft but may have a tendency to break off particularly when you're sharpening. So I recommend getting a good sharpener for this one or you'll end up losing a lot of product just because the sharpener eats it!!! I find that this white eyeliner doesn't irritate my eyes. I have a bit of a problem applying certain products on my waterline so I'm happy this works out.

image

Dolly Wink White Pencil Liner:
Color: 5/5
Staying Power: 3.5/5
Ease of Use: 4/5
Packaging: 5/5



A look I made some time near the end of last year with these products. I'm going to miss the old packaging which was signature through out how i knew gyaru and kawaii looks. Dolly Wink is super recommended for those who want an easy to use affordable and useable eye makeup. I can see how this is a cult classic brand for Asian Makeup Enthusiasts. Hope this review was still helpful. Also beware of the fakes!!!

♥♥♥Preview of my next review with Dolly Wink Lashes♥♥♥



Hope you guys enjoyed the review. If you have any questions do leave a comment.


♥♥♥ Kat ♥♥♥

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Dollywink eyeliner forever <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dollywink eyeliner, didn't know they made a pencil too, will have to keep a look out for it ^_^

    { sparklesideup.com }

    ReplyDelete

Visitors

Flag Counter

Disclaimer

KiraKiraKat is a blog written by Kat Langomez. All material on this site is written with the aim to provide readers with my honest personal opinions and to chronicle the events in my life. I only write my honest opinions on any products and services features in my blog.

All images in this blog are produced by me unless stated otherwise. As such you are not allowed to reproduce or use these images in any way shape or form without my permission.

Produced by

Go to Kawaii.PH!